School of Population Health

Domestic Postgraduate Coursework Students

Domestic Postgraduate Coursework Students

Students studying postgraduate coursework programs at UNSW may receive a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) or be required to pay the full cost of tuition (tuition fee place). See the Fees Home Page for full information about fees at UNSW.

Commonwealth Supported Places


A Commonwealth Supported Place is a higher education place for which the Commonwealth Government makes a contribution towards the cost of your education. Students pay a Student Contribution amount which is charged per unit of credit (UOC). This rate varies depending on the Commonwealth band classification of the courses undertaken.  See UNSW Fees for rates and further information.

Commonwealth Supported Places will be offered by the School on a competitive basis following the application and selection process. Applicants who are offered and accept a Commonwealth Supported Place are required to complete the Request for Commonwealth Support and HECS-HELP form as part of the online enrolment process.

Tuition fee place


Applicants who are offered a tuition fee place in one of the programs will be required to pay the full cost of tuition. Fees for courses are charged by unit of credit (UOC) according to the classification of the course and the student. Rates are available via the Medicine Tuition Fees website



FEE-HELP is an interest-free loan facility available to tuition fee paying postgraduate students in coursework programs. FEE-HELP can cover all or part of a student’s tuition fees. FEE-HELP is available to commencing students who are either Australian Citizens or Australian Permanent Residents with a humanitarian visa, and some continuing students. FEE-HELP is not available to students undertaking Commonwealth Supported Postgraduate Coursework programs, nor to students who are not Australian citizens (except for those in possession of a PR humanitarian visa). If you are eligible for FEE-HELP, you will be given the opportunity to apply as part of the online enrolment process on myUNSW. Please note that all applications for FEE-HELP must be finalised by the relevant semester census date. Applications submitted after the census date cannot be accepted or processed.

Student Payments (Youth Allowance, Austudy or Pensioner Education Supplement)


Please note that the following programs are eligible for Student Payments (Youth Allowance, Austudy or Pensioner Education Supplement) as per the Department of Social Services website.

  • 9045 Master of Public Health
  • 9048 Master of Global Health
  • 8901 Master of Health Management

At this stage no other programs (even dual degree programs which include the above degrees) in the School are eligible for student payments.